Sunday, July 31, 2022

July Running

We've been doing a lot of running in July, but a lot of it is still working on Lost Souls routes, so all those adventures will be in a different post. I've been doing a lot more hiking in July too, which I love. Here are a few random runs I've done in July.

Blackbird Pie & Henry Canyon:

I've already finished these two Lost Souls routes, but Jenn and Mat needed them, so I went on an early run with them. We shuttled them, so they only had to go one way. We had a really great sky morning.





Little Currant & Echo Canyon:

I went back up to the Fall Creek area to do some routes with Joyce. I still needed Point Lookout and Rash Canyon for the challenge, so we started off with those. Joyce needed Little Currant and Echo, and Little Currant is not one to do alone, so I repeated those two with Joyce. I would be totally happy to never have to do Little Currant again as long as I live. The stinging nettle was bad, and I managed to get us in some crazy situations. At one point we were literally trapped in thick brush. We tried to go several different ways, but ended up just having to plow through it. Then we ended up side hilling it the last half mile, and it was hard and crazy. We were all scraped up, and had soooooo many stickers in our socks and shoes. The run down Echo is always fun though.

This quarter mile of trail at the beginning is the only part of the route I like.

Joyce fell down. 😅

Lovely trail 😲 We just had to push through this brush.

Don't let Joyce's cute smile fool you. We were not having a good time. 😂

We were pulling stickers out of our clothes and socks for days. I washed my socks several times, and I'm still finding them.

Seeing that cairn was a very welcomed sight!

South Canal:
Jenn doesn't like doing the South Canal route by herself, so I went on another early one with her. The good thing about getting out early, is seeing the sunrise. We had a good one this morning.




It's been a great month of hiking and running, but most of them will be in different posts.

No comments: