Sunday, July 31, 2022

Tablerock Sunrise Hike

 Ashley and Jenn planned a Tablerock sunrise hike, and I'm so glad I was able to go. We left Idaho Falls at 1:25 on Wednesday morning, got to the trailhead, and started up the face trail at 3:00 am. Right when we got out of the car, I knew it was going to be great; the stars were spectacular! Ashley, Nate, Meredith, and I made our way up the trail with just our headlamps guiding us along. The start in the dark is always a little unnerving, but it didn't take me long to relax and just enjoy the journey. Jenn and Joyce slept in their cars at the trailhead, and started up at 2:00 am, so we knew they were ahead of us on the trail, hopefully scaring all the bears away. 😁

3:00 am start!
Ashley-Tricia-Meredith-Nate

This is what we looked like being guided along with our headlamps. We could see the silhouette of Tablerock; the sky was just starting to get a faint glow as we made our way up the final climb. We saw a porcupine on the way up too!

We reached the top at 5:00 am. Perfect timing to watch the sky turn pink and orange, and then see the sun start rising over the mountains.

The Tetons as the sun was starting to come up! So cool!

It was so cold on top as the sun was coming up. Meredith was freezing, so Nate gave her a space blanket. She looked like the cutest little Christmas present all wrapped up on the top of a mountain. 😂

We met up with Jenn and Joyce at the top.
Ashley-Jenn-Joyce-Tricia-Meredith-Nate

The sun was starting to peek up over the mountains.

We went off of Tablerock, and out to Inspiration Point, which I had never done before. Very cool!

Inspiration Point

Look, I'm touching the Grand!

So glad I'm part of such an amazing trail running group. There is never a shortage of people willing to put together crazy events, and never a shortage of people excited to go on them!

Joyce took this cool picture.

On the way up in the dark, my headlamp kept shining on the blue flowers. I could tell they were going to be bright and beautiful. Once we headed down, and it was finally light, I could see just how amazing they were. They were everywhere! Fields full of flowers the whole way down the huckleberry trail.

So pretty!

Indian Paintbrush

Ashley took this fun video as we started down the switchbacks.

We took a break to get in the creek on the way down.

Everything about the day was worth the crazy wake up time, and lack of sleep. I'm a sucker for a good adventure, and this one filled my bucket for sure!

No comments: